Monday 14 May 2012

Ricardo Santos - Madeira Islands Open Champion 2012


Ricardo Santos became the first home-grown player to win the Madeira Islands Open for the first time in its 40-year history.


The Portuguese star powered to a stunning 63 yesterday at the Santo da Serra course to scoop the silverware in a record low 22-under total.

Sweden's Magnus Carlsson finsished second and Denmark's Andreas Harto finished third.

An elated Santos said "I don't have the words to describe this week as it is very emotional,To win my first European Tour event in my own country is very special. It was a sensational round and definitely the best of my career. I dedicate my win to my wife and daughter.”

Santos, who graduated to the main tour earlier this year, was presented with a first prize check of €112,500, and wasted little time acknowledging the backing he had received around the course. "It was amazing to have the crowds here supporting me," he said. "It would be difficult to imagine a better win than this... This is a huge moment in my career."

For full scorecards please visit: The European Tour


No comments:

Post a Comment